Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 big onion (red)
- 1 potato
- 2 carrots
- 1 banana
- 1/2 organge
- 1 chilli or chilli powder
- 650g pumpkin (preferably Hokkaido)
- 1 small ginger root
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 600ml broth (vegetable)
- 300-400ml coconut milk (low fat)
- 1 Spoon olive oil
- Spices: Curry powder, tumeric, salt, pepper, red curry paste, sugar or sweetner (Erytritol)
- Garnish: Cilantro/coriander and pumpkin seeds
Cut the onion and chilli into very small cubes, peel the potato and cut into cubes, as well as the pumpkin flesh and the carrots. Rasp ginger and the garlic.
Sear the onions and chilli with some oil and add a bit of tumeric, curry powder and curry paste. Add the carrots, pumpkin, potatoes, ginger and the banana and sauté. Then add the broth and bring to the boil. Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Then puree the soup with a stick blender. You can then add the coconut milk, but the should not be too hot too avoid flocculation. Add the juice of 1/2 an orange, salt, pepper and other spices as you like.